The US Embassy Abu Dhabi is bringing the US Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) program to the UAE through a partnership with startAD, the Abu Dhabi-based global accelerator anchored at NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), powered by its partner Tamkeen, and Zayed University's Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center.
AWE encourages women to harness their economic potential by building and scaling businesses in over 50 nations, with the aim to reach 50 million women by 2025. In recognition of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the global economy, AWE UAE aims to work with women entrepreneurs to develop their business resilience with a view to survive, thrive, and then grow, in the next normal and beyond.
The program is designed to be fully virtual and fit the demanding schedules of business owners. Taking place in two phases, with 21 virtual sessions over a period of six months, participants will be trained to recreate value for their companies, build innovation capabilities, create customized business continuity plans to update ventures for the new market conditions, and reset paths to profitability. Full Schedule will be as follows:
- August 12, 2020: Applications Open
- September 17, 2020 - Virtual information session
- September 26, 2020: Applications close
- October 2020: Power breakfast: Network with our thriving community
- October 18- Nov 7, 2020 - Phase 1 bootcamp + sprint
- November 12 2020: Phase 1 Action Plan Submissions
- January 17- February 28, 2021: Phase 2 (Bring your plan to life with guided support)
- March 8 2021 - Showcase your achievements and business potential